Hey, Bunnies! I was nominated by the lovely Jamie of Sugar Junkie for the Liebster Blog Award! I'm so happy and truly honored to be nominated. Especially by such an awesome person~♥ Please be sure to check out her site and shop~
1. Link back to the person who nominated you.
2. Answer the same 11 questions your nominator answered above.
3. Post 11 random facts about yourself.
4. Pick 11 nominees to answer your 11 questions.
5. You can’t nominate the person who nominated you!
6. Tell your 11 nominees you have nominated them.
1. What made you want to start blogging?
I've been a huge anime fan since the mid 90s and was always on the interwebs for communities and sites on my favorite series. I never really knew how to build websites so I started using Xanga and Livejournal to share my passion with my fellow anime and videogame fans. Eventually I grew away from them and stopped posting. Then sometime in 2010, when I started attending anime conventions (well after since my very first convention back in the 90s), I learned more about a fashion that I was always interested in but didn't know anything about. I had seen photos of doll-like models dressed in the most gorgeous clothing. I soon learned about what was to become my new passion - Lolita.
After some more research and meeting Lolitas at conventions, I finally got the courage to buy my own dresses and accessories. But when I started wearing Lolita, I also became very interested in making Lolita accessories. Not long after I started up Rainbow Star Candy, I got into reading websites as well as blogs of other Lolitas and crafters. It was thanks to loving the cute life, that I made up my own blog to write about new things coming to my shop, my convention trips as well as other things I'm interested in.
2. What is your biggest dream?
My biggest dream is to make a living off of my art. Be it Graphic Design, which I studied in school, or my shop. I want to be able to make art my career to a point where I can stop worrying about money or how I'll ever get to live on my own. (Because, quite frankly - you cannot make a living off of retail that will only give you 2-3 days a week). And in making art, I'd be truly happy. This same art would allow others to be happy as well. Who wouldn't love to have cute things in their life?
3. If money were no object, what would you do all day?
I'd probably find a way to craft, play videogames, play with my pets, eat, go out with my boyfriend and go to as many cons as I could xD And if I went to cons and crafted all day, I'd still be technically working for a living.
4. What is your favorite country or place to visit and why?
Of course I would love to go to Japan. But as of right now, the place that I actually can go to and like to visit is Arizona. Ever since I visited the first time, I always want to go back as soon as possible. And not just for my boyfriend, but to go there and see as much as I can. Have you ever been to a place that your heart calls out to and you feel like it's your real home? That is what this place is for me.
5. Oops, you’re stranded on an island (with plenty of water & food). What three things would you want with you?
A - Videogames
B - Rabbits
C - Boyfriend
6. Name a movie and/or book that you recently watched/read and can highly recommend.
Movie: Tales of Vesperia: The First Strike - If you're a lover of the Tales of game series, this is definitely a movie you should check out. It follows the main character from Tales of Vesperia, Yuri, before the game takes place. It shows you why he and his best friend joined the knights and how they became who they are when you actually play Vesperia. It's one of my favorite movies that even though I saw way before, I've been showing it to friends so technically I can say I watched it recently And who doesn't love Puppy! Repede?
Book: Kieli - I'm sure you bunnies have heard me mention this book series before but I can't emphasize enough how much I love it. Now I'm also very much a chicken when it comes to ghosts and horror. But for some reason I can't put the books down. There are nine books in total and it follows the adventures of a young girl who can interact with the dead named Kieli, an undying named Harvey and their spirit-possessed radio called The Corporal. It has to be the only book series of the supernatural genre that is basically what most consider to be post-apocalyptic that I will ever read.
7. What do you collect?
Being into Lolita, I of course love cute things. I am also an art lover, gamer, crafter and bunny lover. So I have a lot of things that fit those categories
8. What do you do to get “zen”?
It's pretty much being with my bunnies and crafting. Crafting makes me productive and use my hands to create something. I've heard that looking at cute animals helps when you're stressed so having my three girls helps a lot!
9. What is the wisest thing someone ever told you?
"Try to think and do more positive. And positive things will come your way."
"They say that the best blaze burns brightest, when circumstances are at their worst." Sophie, Howl's Moving Castle
"Always believe in yourself. Do this and no matter where you are, you will have nothing to fear." Baron, The Cat Returns
"No matter how painful things have been, you just can’t dwell on the past." Lloyd, Tales of Symphonia
...Yes I learn a lot of great inspirational quotes from anime and games.
10. What song do you like to sing out loud?
Ring A Bell by Bonnie Pink
I don't know what it is but the words are so beautiful and really speak to me. Plus it's the opening theme to one of my favorite Tales game - Tales of Vesperia.
11. If you could learn something super fast (Matrix-style), what skill would you pick?
Being able to read, write, speak and understand any and all languages in existence. It would be amazing.
1. I have a bunny obsession.
2. One of my goals growing up was to get every single gaming system out there.
3. I've always believed in soulmates but never thought I'd have one until 5 years ago.
4. I was never really into eating candy unless it was gummies. Even then I'd rather have chocolate.
5. I try not to collect Lolita or Gyaru dresses like I collect accessories. I try to buy what I'll actually wear.
6. I have three pet rabbits that I wish I could have free roaming in my house.
7. I'm now 30+ years old.
8. I used to make anime and videogame fanfics on fanfiction.net.
9. I tend to cosplay some of the more cutesy and/or young girl kind of characters.
10. Still very frustrated that I missed out on one of the most popular Liz Lisa heels and nobody sells them.
11. I tend to wear Fairy Kei and Lolita in the winter and Gyaru in the spring and summer.
1. Sakura from Red Sakura Beauty
2. Helene from Nail Matsuri!
3. Florentine from Oh Velveteena!
4. Annika from Pop Princess
5. Yukari from Loli Dreamland
6. Nancy from Lolita Glamour
7. Abbie and her crew from Kawaii-B
8. Sparklewolfie from ABC Lolita
9. Nicole from Beyond Kawaii
10. Estelle from Bonbon Maléfique
11. Aleks from The Cute Lifestyle
See you soon!